For most peopleThe holiday season is a time filled with parties, celebrations, and social gatherings with family and friends. For some, it can also be a time of isolation, sadness, and anxiety.
Holiday sadness is not a one-size-fits-all condition. How one person experiences sadness, is not necessarily how someone else will experience it. some of these symptoms include :
- Excessive stress
- Financial difficulties
- Not being able to see friends or loved ones
- Having unrealistic expectations
People trying to balance the business of life during this time could see the stressors manifest in a variety of ways including:
- Excessive eating/drinking
- developing rashes
Some tips to help,
- Be realistic about things you can and cant do.
- Don’t take on more than you can handle.
- Spend time with people that are supportive.
- Make sure you are taking time for yourself.
- Try to cut back on any alcohol. This will typically add to your depression.
- Acknowledge how you are feeling.
- Get plenty of sleep and eat well.
- Learn to say no when needed.